Sunday, September 16, 2012

Washington Trip 8/20/12 Day 3 Part 2


Thus began our meandering route to Colville...

We left Twisp and drove 100 miles to Omak. We searched Omak for a park to eat our lunches and ended up seeing this from the road.


It was right by a swimming pool which had not opened for the day. We found a picnic table under a shade tree. The weather was good!

The gal who made our sandwiches drew pictures so we knew which was which. I obviously had the ham. 

Cream cheese and cucumbers, so many yummy things on the sandwiches.

 The park was completely empty but it was sort of messy. After a while we figured out is the Omak Stampede Fair Grounds. And the stampede had been last weekend! No wonder it looked tired!

There was even time for some smooching.

We stopped Republic so I could get a water bottle out of the cooler.  I told Jerry to busy himself reading this sign. (Really, he likes to read signs and such.)

I didn't quite get this mining monument. I think they found gold. 

Then Jerry found this on the sign, "BEAL PARK."

 He said he had to see it. That is was his park and we had to drive to it. It was about 30 minutes there and then 30 minutes back. But we found it!

Beal Park




Yes, Beal park is a turn out in the road. No grass. There is a port-a-potty and this picnic table. It seemed to be a spot to go have a fire and drink a beer on a Saturday night. Very sad looking.


So I insisted we see Kettle Creek, next to the "park."



Jerry skipper rocks.

 

The moment when I was over it!

 But we had more driving. We took the Sherman Pass scenic Byway.
 

Jerry reading a sign.

We stopped at the over look. You could see where there had been different forest fires. We walked down a trail to another overlook. 




I wanted a cute picture of myself on this rock. Everything was so perfect looking I thought it looked like a movie set of a forest. You know, like how everything is too perfect in Jurrasic Park. Anyway, I wanted to look cute on the rock. I didn't know Jerry was taking pictures of me trying to get up there!





See, this was the idea!


Crossing into Kettle Falls.




Go Bulldogs! The water tank in Kettle Falls.


Banana FOSTER Latte across from the Bulldog. Wow. Foster and Bulldogs! (An ode to my alma matter.)


Drove all that way. And it looks like Monroe.


Colville!






Eating at the Maverick's restaurant.  


View of hill above town.





Picture off Trip Advisor of the motel we stayed at. The Selkirk.


Tomorrow? Our quick stop in Spokane.



No comments:

Post a Comment