Saturday, April 7, 2012

On jobs and fashion

Well, my life has been a world wind the last few weeks and so that is why I have been so spotty at posting. It started with a job listing at work. The agency I work for had an opening for a training coordinator and I decided to apply.

Fourteen years ago my middle son came into our lives. He was six and in foster care. We adopted him and then became foster parents ourselves. This brought our daughter into our lives as well. When her adoption was finalizing, the state asked me to start recruiting foster parents. I worked for the recruitment contractor. When that contract ended I worked for the new contract. When an hourly position came open at a private agency, I took that. I have been at that agency recruiting foster parents for the last seven years.

But it was time for something new. I got called up for an interview while I was in Washington DC with my sister. I had to put them off until I got back from my trip. I got the job!

I have been swamped every minute since, tying up loose ends on my old job and learning a whole new job. I will be keeping track of every class the agency offers and all of the billing surrounding that. I will keep the community calender for the rooms and do a lot of set up and tear down.

So I did the only reasonable thing I could do. I went to Target and got some new clothes! Here are some of the things I got for the new job.







2 comments: